2026-224 Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Hot Quiet Afternoon at the Lake

Photo of the Day 224/365

 


One of the advantages of retirement is the ability to go about and see some local places at times when I have not had the opportunity before. This photo is an xample of that timing. I wanted to see our local lake, near to our last home. I went out on a hot afternoon, expecting to see kids swimming and playing and parents watching them. Instead of kids and parents, there was almost no one, just one person in a kayak. It was so quiet, I asked a ranger how stopped and he did not know why either - perhaps it was just too hot...

Quote of the Day: "Delay is the deadliest form of denial." - C. Northcote Parkinson

Relaxing Walk at the Beach

 

 

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Wednesday People: Over the many trips to Cape May, I have captured many photos of people. This particular photo brings back a trip when I managed to capture this couple with their dog. After we spoke to the couple and I visited with the dog, they moved on and I was able to get a photo with no one else on Higbee Beach.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025-088 Saturday, March 29, 2025

2025-083 Monday, March 24, 2025

2026-142 Friday, May 22, 2026